Friday, January 27, 2012

Help in translation English-French?

I'm French and I'm trying to improve my English.

What are the differences between "thanks to" and "because of" ?

Should I always translate them in "gr芒ce 脿" and " 脿 cause de" ?

Thanks for helping.Help in translation English-French?
I don't think there's very much difference, although "thanks to" carries a somewhat more positive nuance. If you say something resulted "thanks to" some cause, you are sounding like the result was a good one, although it can also be used sarcastically. "Because of" is more neutral. It doesn't imply whether the result was good or bad.



Probably these have a similar distinction in French.Help in translation English-French?
They mean basically the same thing, but you should use "because of" in most cases. "Thanks to" is used when you are being sarcastic or mean. If your friend wrecked your car, you would say you can't leave you're house thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment