Tuesday, January 31, 2012

English-French translation help please?

Can you say this to start of a sentence:

Pour mon m茅contentement, ....

Or do you say:

脿 mon m茅contentement, .... ???

Thanks.English-French translation help please?
What you are asking is if you say



To my disappointment

Or

my discontent



That is pretty much the straight up translation. To my disappointment makes more sense then my discontent to start a sentence but I do not know the context
It would depend on the context of your statement



do you mean to say For my dissatisfaction = Pour mon m茅contentement

something had an effect on you



or if you mean with my dissatisfaction = 脿 mon m茅contentement

you had prime effect in the clauseEnglish-French translation help please?
In english, it would be "to my discontent", and in french, "a mon mecontentement" would make more sence.English-French translation help please?
脿 mon m茅contentement, to my discontent, would be what you'd say most of the time.



The first sentence, pour mon m茅contentement, means, "for my discontent"... You wouldn't really say for my discontent, well, not unless you were saying something like, "For my discontent to be valid", or something like that.
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment