Friday, February 3, 2012

French/English translation please?

Okay, so I would like to know the French for; fate frame or frame of fate or something along those lines. I used google translate and it told me it was Destin Cadre, but this didn't seem to male sense because when I tried frame of fate, it told me something completley different! So if you can speak both French and English fluently, please can you tell me:

the French for fate frame

the French for frame of fate

the English for Destin cadre



thanks in advance! Oh, by the way, I mean frame as in a shape or bicycle frame, not as in fraud. And fate as in destiny, the future etc.French/English translation please?
Morporc is 100% right. To sum up:



Both "fate frame" and "frame of fate" would be "Le cadre du destin".





There is no English translation for "Destin cadre" because these phrase makes no sense in French.French/English translation please?
Armature de destin for both the first two-I think lol

Not sure about the other one-sorry

:D x x x xFrench/English translation please?
Destin Cadre doesn't really work in French: as a general rule you cannot simply stick words next to each other (the way you usually can in English).



Cadre means 'frame' as in 'picture frame / mirror frame', and it is fairly common to use it to mean 'outline / context / limit'.



So Le cadre de Destin could mean 'the frame of fate / the fate frame'. (You need 'le' [the] in French much more often than you do in English; I think you need it here).



....



There may be better ways of saying this. I hope some speakers of European French will happen by and make alternative suggestions. (I speak French well, but West African French. Sometimes the way I say things sounds exotic in Paris or Bruxelles).

No comments:

Post a Comment