Thursday, February 9, 2012

Help with a English to French translation?

Can anyone help me with this translation, i don't fully understand the french grammar.



"you should be studying!" = tu es cens茅 bosser! ??????

(Or do i need to use etre)



and also the opposite;



arr锚te le bosser!! - stop studying!! ???????





I would be grateful if you could help me!!Help with a English to French translation?
"you should be studying!" = tu es cens茅 de bosser!



arr锚te de bosser!! - stop studying!!
If you mean that the person should be studying for school, I would use the verb "茅tudier" (to study). I think in some countries they use "bosser" for "travailler" (to work), but it's not really understood everywhere.



So, I would say (and write):

"You should be studying!" = Tu es cens茅 茅tudier!



Stop studying! = Arr锚te d'茅tudier!



If you use this, you won't have any problems.



I hope I helped! :)Help with a English to French translation?
Bosser is just colloquial for travailler.

Tu es cens茅 bosser.

Arr锚te de bosser.Help with a English to French translation?
In France they often speak of studying as "travailler", (hence the colloquial "bosser" as well), especially at lyc茅e and university level.



Threw me at first, but the amount of rigorous studying required really does make it seem like work.



Darius and ILoveChr..have it right grammatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment