Monday, February 6, 2012

I need help with a french to english translation. pleeease help?

i have this friend who lives in France, and obviously speaks french. now i don't speak french whatsoever, but he knows english. when we are facebook chatting we have conversation in english. so sometimes he will choose the incorrect word. for example: he will say "how goes your vacation" instead of "how is your vacation" SO - my problem is this: when we are talking and he has to go, he says "kiss you :)"and signs off. is this a mistranslation... or like what does he mean?I need help with a french to english translation. pleeease help?
French people speak differently than we do. For example: Instead of saying "I am fifteen years old." the direct translation from french to english is "I have fifteen years." And also about the kiss you :) it is a french way of saying goodbye to a good friend
About the same as somebody signing a letter with "XXX" meaning kisses, or "XOXOX" meaning "kisses and hugs".I need help with a french to english translation. pleeease help?
I sometimes see French internauts saying "bisous" when they want to say bye to their friends. He is probably trying to translate that but doesn't want to just say "kisses." People who speak English just use X's and O's. It's the same thing.I need help with a french to english translation. pleeease help?
I used to live in France, and it is common to kiss your friends on the cheeks when saying goodbye. You'd have to ask him to be sure, but more than likely he's saying that as an affectionate way of signing off since he can't kiss your cheeks over the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment