Thursday, February 9, 2012

Proper English-to-French translation for "the Silk Road."?

I am submitting a piece of creative writing to an English fiction contest in France, the title of which will be "The Silk Road."



Now, I know the literal translation for this phrase is "la route en soie", but I thought it possible that the French have their own specific term for this ancient Chinese trading route.



Native or conversationally fluent French speakers, please help!









.Proper English-to-French translation for "the Silk Road."?
No, you are right almost right, it's La route de la soie. Well I do speak intermediate french but to check stuff like this I go to wikipedia and I find the English language page for the silk road and click french under other languages because the other languages are pages created by native speakers of that particular language and that'll tell you all you need to know =)Proper English-to-French translation for "the Silk Road."?
La Route de la soie



Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment